The Griffin Imaging & Diagnostics Center at Ivy Brook, located at 2 Ivy Brook Road in Shelton, combines diagnostic confidence and patient comfort in one of the most advanced imaging facilities in the state.
- The Best Boreless Image Quality in the Area
- State-of-the-Art CT, X-ray and Ultrasound
- Laboratory Drawing Station
- EKG Services
- Planetree Amenities
The Griffin Imaging & Diagnostics Center at Ivy Brook offers some of the most advanced imaging and diagnostic technology available today, combined with Griffin Hospital's renowned Planetree model of care, for a more confident diagnosis and comfortable experience. Our unique capabilities enable us to provide personalized imaging and diagnostic services to patients who may have been previously underserved, including children, the elderly, claustrophobic, and larger patients.
- HITACHI OASIS MRI - The first in Connecticut - produces the best open MRI image quality in the state, for better diagnostic and therapeutic results.
- Philips iU22 Ultrasound - This high resolution scanner produces a new level of distortion free images. Vascular, musculoskeletal, general, gynecological, and small part sonography is offered at the Center.
- Digital Radiography (DR) - The Center’s state-of-the-art Digital X-ray room is configured to meet the needs of geriatric, pediatric, and bariatric patients. Special radiation-reduction technology delivers the lowest dose possible while maintaining optimal imaging.
- GE 16-Slice Brightspeed Xtra CT - The first GE wide-bore scanner
in the state boasts special bariatric capabilities as well as low-dose
radiation protocols for children. The Center is registered with the
American College of Radiology's "Imaging Gently" campaign which promotes
low dose CT scanning for children.
Patient Comfort and Convenience
As a Planetree facility, the Center is designed entirely around the patient experience, with the sensitivity of Griffin Hospital's renowned model of personalized care:
- Comfortable furnishings
- WiFi Internet with PC access
- High-definition TV
- Saltwater aquarium
- Interactive children's waiting area
- Refreshment station
To help manage busy schedules, the Center offers:
- Diagnostic lab services, including phlebotomy
- Pre-admission testing
- EKG services
- Instant access to images upon request
- Stat reads and on-site consultation upon request
- Same-day scheduling
- Computerized Tomography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Radiography (X-Ray)
- Ultrasound Imaging
- Blood Draw & Testing
Radiology Services at Griffin Hospital and Griffin Imaging & Diagnostics Center at Ivy Brook are provided by physicians from Jefferson Radiology, the largest radiology group in Connecticut. Jefferson Radiology subspecialists include fellowship trained musculoskeletal and pediatric imaging specialists affiliated with Connecticut Children’s Medical Center.