Plan now to ensure that your wishes for end-of-life decisions are understood, respected, and honored by loved ones and healthcare providers. It's easy and it's free. Get started now by calling 203-732-1255.
What is Advance Care Planning (ACP)?
Advance Care Planning, or ACP, is the process of coming to understand, reflect on and discuss and plan for a time when you cannot make your own medical decisions.
Through effective planning and the use of advance directives, we can help ensure your wishes are respected and honored by your loved ones and your healthcare providers. This process will help you generate quality advance directives which provide you with piece of mind and comfort.
How do I make a plan using advance directives?
A representative from Griffin Hospital (during an individual counseling session or following a community conversation) can guide you in your decision making. Together, you can discuss options, review your decisions, and formulate a plan.
We Can Help You:
- Identify a Healthcare Representative - We can help you determine and appoint a personal healthcare representative - someone who can make your healthcare decision for you if you are not able to do so yourself.
- Create a Living Will- A Living Will provides specific instructions regarding the care you wish to receive at the end of life should you be unable to make these decisions yourself.
Life-Sustaining Interventions: Are These Right For Me?
- Intravenous Line (IV) - A tube placed in a vein to deliver fluid, blood or medication.
- Long-term Tube Feeding for Nutrition Support & Hydration - Provision of food and water through tubes or IV when one is unable to eat or drink on one's own.
- Ventilator - A breathing machine attached to a tube that is placed into the windpipe of a person who is unable to breathe on one's own.
Take the Next Step and Make Your Wishes Known
Griffin Hospital offers free ACP services to members of our community. You can:
- Meet one on one with a trained facilitator for individual counseling
- Request a "Community Conversation" for a group
- Become a trained ACP facilitator yourself
Make your wishes known. Contact us now at 203-732-1255 or email@example.com. If you want to learn more about advance care planning in CT, you can also visit Care Decisions CT at http://www.caredecisionsct.com/.